What are the differences between Cyclones and Woody's styles?
- Cyclones have many more LEDs, and the LEDs are wrapped around the outside of the tube. The Woody's style whips have the LEDs inside the tube.
- Both style whips will do great in any style of riding. While we may recommend changing lengths depending on the situation, we'll warranty either styles in trails, mud, dunes, etc.
What are the differences between Level 1, 2, & 3 Cyclones?
- Most notably, the brightness. The Level 1 is the standard LED whip, and the Level 2 is the 5v version that you may see from time to time that are much brighter and the patterns are "tighter." This Spring we released the Level 3 whip that's raised the bar. While the LEDs are just as bright or brighter than the Level 2, there is almost zero color fade due to voltage drop. These really do stand out from the other whips in the crowd and are on a level of their own.
Can we purchase whips that are a custom length?
- Yes! We build custom length whips quite often. Anything from 11in to 8ft! Use the "Contact Us" page and let us know what you're looking for and we'll provide options!
What's the perfect length for my RZR, Ranger, X3, etc.?
- Depending on where and how you mount them, 2ft-4ft is the sweet spot! Our whips are true length, so get a tape measure out and see what you think will work best for you.
- Keep in mind- Because of the impact, anything over 4ft is typically not ideal for some high speed trails, dunes, etc. However- we're here to support you just like you've supported us. If you purchase whips and soon find out that you need to adjust to a shorter length, we'll work together to make it happen.
Which whips do multiple colors & patterns?
- All of them! Unless it's a custom whip, all of our whips have over 350 patterns and many colors.
What other hardware is required for installation?
- A toggle switch and fuse is not part of the install package. You can find them at your local parts store, or online from many different retailers.
Why should we purchase from Woody's Lights?
- Our whips are built right here in Texas, not an assembly line overseas that's focused on quantity over quality. While some pieces of our products do come from overseas, we purchase as much US built pieces as we can possibly justify.
- We use a quality heat shrink that is impact resistant and doesn't easily stain due to a little fun mud slinging.
- We're not done. We're consistently looking for ways to improve our products to make them better for you. If there's a brighter, sturdier, better way to build our whips- we'll find it. Innovation is at our core.
- When you purchase from us, you become part of our family. We look for ways to take care of you and keep you as a customer.
- While there are guidelines, our warranty is "no-hassle." We don't have time for them and we know that you don't either.
Do you have a storefront? I need to see them in person!
- No, we do not have a storefront. However- we do have stocked dealers that would be happy to show off our products in person!